Sunday, February 8, 2015

Keeping up with the McClungs: Valentines addition

Oh I just love this holiday! L.O.V.E. who wouldn't want to celebrate their loved ones? It's a great excuse to be SUPER mushy, and kissy, and huggy, and wear PINK!

 (and it's not even on a Wednesday! ) 
My favorite colors are Red, Pink and Purple, so HELLO, of course I want to decorate my house as much as possible! I would love to buy up all the adorable decor at Target, but I don't have the pockets, and my husband murdering me (for buying all said pretties) on the international holiday of love would sorta dampen the mood. So, I get my craft on! AND when you can craft for cheap, even BETTER! 

Budget savvy and oh so CUTE! These only cost me a total of $6 dollars! Aside from the burlap that I had on hand (around $3.99 a yard or less with a coupon at Joanns), I was able to make all of these for less than a decorative candle at Nordstrom. WIN! 

This little felt heart turned out adorable, and was easy enough to make.





Supplies 
  • Dollar Store 8x10 frame
  • 3 .49 cent felt sheets
  • less than half a yard of burlap 
  • black craft paint
  • heart clip art, printed on white card stock




The first step is to paint the frame. As it dries , use the glass from the frame to cut a sheet of burlap to fit. Put your burlap on top of the heart, and set aside while you tackle the felt flowers.  



Trace a small circle (I used the candle that I dolled up a little later) Cut around the circle in a spiral. Then, starting at the center, roll the spiral until you reach the end, and set with a little dab of hot glue. I used about 2 and 3/4 of the sheets. Start gluing down the felt flowers around the edge of the Heart, and then fill in the middle. Once done, place in frame, and Voila! 

So simple and SO perfectly Valentines Day ready!
As for the candles, beyond easy. I got all the supplies at my Local dollar store. I had no idea you could get little spools of Jute Twine there, I've been paying TWICE that amount at the Craft store! 



Just wrap, Hot glue, and go! I was done with these in no time. I love the shabby chic of the Jute and the Sparkle (of course!). 


Round off the crafting with some simple online FREE printables, and you've got a great little Valentines Day display. 



 Just right click on the image, save, and print at 100% You can do an 8x10, or a 4x6 like I did. I just changed the settings with my printer during the preview.  Printables are such a CHEAP and quick way to decorate. 


SO, now that the decorations are up, lets have a little Valentines Day treat! 
~SweetHeart Buddies~ 


It's just about as easy as the Crafts, but tastes MUCH better! 

 Ingredients:
5 ounces white almond bark or white chocolate chocolate chips 
5 ounces red candy melts 
1 teaspoon shortening
6 cups chex cereal
1  cup strawberry cake mix
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 package valentines chocolate M&M’s

1. Start by dividing the chex mix into two bowls.  (3 cup in each)
2. In a double boiler, melt the 5 ounces white almond bark or white chocolate chips.  Add 1/2 teaspoon shortening so that the almond bark will spread evenly. Be careful not to burn the almond bark.  Dump this in the first bowl of chex and mix evenly to coat all of the chex cereal. (TIP*  spray your spatula with non stick cooking spray, to be able to toss chex without a big sticky mess*)
2.  Melt the red candy melts next also checking and stirring the candy melts 30 seconds at a time.  Once this is melted, pour this over the second bowl of divided chex and mix until coated.
3.  In two gallon size ziplock bags, put 1 cup strawberry cake mix and 1 cup powdered sugar in each bag.  Dump each bowl of chex mix in each bag and shake until coated with the powdered sugar and strawberry powdered cake mix.  Transfer both bags to a BIG bowl, and throw in the M&M's


 This Stuff is SO addictive, and so PINK!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment